Friday, February 25, 2022

Snow Day

 RJC and I are stuck home today. She loves being on her iPad but we have found other things to do as well!

Baked challah. She braided both of them.
Exercised. We like the HASfit videos on YouTube. Today we tried a short low impact video. It is complicated for her because they are facing us. So when they put a foot back, she puts her foot forward. When they touch a foot to the side and bring it back to the middle, she takes a regular, full step to the side. Even when I tried standing in front of her so she could do what I do she was unable to follow. I tried a hands on approach, literally moving her feet (as best as I could) but the coordination just isn’t there. Doesn’t matter though. She is still moving so I’m taking it as a win!
Laundry - she put the first load in. I’ll have her move it to the dryer. She has always folded towels and recently she has been folding all of her own laundry and puts it away. Have to say she’s quite good at it!
Lunch - she independently prepares her own lunch at the beginning of the week for every day. She’ll get her own plates etc. as well. She likes Cheerios with cheese, 3 party cake muffins and crackers/pretzels with cheese. She’s also very good about cleaning up after herself!
Planning to do a few “connect the dots” later.
What are you up to today?

No comments:

Post a Comment